The TEAM Wellness & Prevention Horsetooth Open Water Swim is definitely our most UNIQUE event. It not only provides the opportunity for athletes to participate in a 10k point to point swim from the north end of Horsetooth Reservoir to the south end, it also raises funds for Team Fort Collins. There are other swims too: 2.4 mile, 1 mile and youth swims.
The Date is Set!
Get ready! The date for the Horsetooth Open Water Swim is August 14, 2016!
We hope you will join us!
We’ve added a wet suit division for the 1.2 mile race! There are now 2 wet suit events: 1.2 mile or 2.4 mile.
Registration Opens on March 1, 2016
Registration for 2016 will include Peer to Peer Fundraising capabilities powered by FirstGiving. Peer-to-peer fundraising is when an organization empowers their supporters to raise money (from their peers) on the organization’s behalf. When you register for the 2016 Horsetooth Open Water Swim you will have the option to create a fundraising page, email donor requests and raise donotations for TEAM Wellness& Prevention. The top fundraisers will receive gifts and incentives for their fundraising efforts.
How to Raise $1000
You’ve registered for the Horsetooth Open Water Swim, your adrenaline is pumping, you have the date circled on your calendar, but wait, what now? Don’t delay, start fundraising today! Before you know it you can have $1000 raised toward preventing youth substance abuse efforts at Team Wellness & Prevention. Here is all you need to do:
1. Create your fundraising page by registering for the event.
2. Send an email out to your friends, family, and co-workers
3. 5 generous friends give you $50= $250
4. 10 of your contacts give you $25= $250
5. 5 friends give you $20= $100
6. 10 more people give you $10= $100
7. 20 coworkers give you $5= $100
8. Your donation of $100= $100
9. Your company’s matching funds of $100 (better yet, see if they will match all the funds you raise!)=$100 – $900
Fundraising not your thing? That’s ok. You can still register for the Horsetooth Swim without fundraising. Just by registering you are helping to promote healthy lifestyles through substance abuse prevention with TEAM.